Friday, May 22, 2009

Ready to head to the Island

Things are going well, however I must admit I am still a little tired from the race on Monday. 6 days between the 2 races are barely enough to recover, do some intensity, have my Thursday or Friday easy day, and Saturday do the usual pre-race workouts. Everything is on track and after today I should feel ready to tackle the race on Sunday.

On that note, today I am traveling to Vancouver Island for the race. Today after work I will be aiming for the 6pm ferry, hopefully is not full and I don’t have to wait until the 7pm. I will be staying in Victoria with Kamal. He has been really kind to let me stay at his place and make a bed on his couch. It should be good times as he is very easy going. By getting to the Island today, I will be making tomorrow much less stressful. More time to go for a short bike/swim/run, as well as attend the pre race meeting, drop off bikes, and less time traveling. Today is my day off anyways and after my morning swim I was not going to do anything else anyways.

The weather is really cooperating these days and is supposed to be nice for a couple of days (including Sunday). For this very reason and because I want to be as fast as I can possibly be, I will by racing my Cervelo for the first time. I am sure the bike will save me some time and leave the legs feeling fresher for the run as it is more comfortable. Also, it will play a psychological role, and I think that is as important. The bike makes me fast, and makes me think I am fast, both are great benefits!

I will be away from a computer until Monday or Tuesday, and I am very happy about that. Next time, an update from the trip, pictures, and the race report. Good luck to me!

Facundo

2 comments:

MARIA said...

Enjoy!!!!Have a good race with your new " baby".
Don´t forget the pictures...you know...we feel very happy watching them.....we miss you a lot.

Vincent said...

good luck to me, nice!

See you tomorrow! I'm pumped