Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Race Schedule

Over the last couple of weeks with the racing season almost underway, lots of people have asked me what races I was doing, what distances, etc. I have also found myself asking people over and over when is their next race, only to forget their answer 5 minutes later. So, I know this is not going to prevent people from asking: When is your next race? But at least they will have a place to check when they forget 5 minutes later =)

2009 Race Schedule

The schedule is not bad at all. I wanted to race a triathlon every 2 or 3 weeks max throughout the whole race season this year, and how my body handles that kind of physical and psychological load. 2 or 3 weeks in between races will allow me to recover from a race, get a solid week of training or 2, and then go easier for 2 days or so before the next race. I also scheduled some swimming races, and it really does not matter when they are as I do not find them taxing at all on my body. I can do a 4K open water race and do a triathlon the day or 2 days after and my swim time will barely get affected.

For most races I will barely taper (ie. my weekly Thursday easy swim/recovery day followed by 2 easier days before the event). I would like to peak for the Kelowna Apple National Championships as I will be racing elite/draft legal, and peak again 3 weeks later for the World Championships in Australia. That should be very achievable, and all races leading to those events are either “B” or “C” priority. If I feel like skipping one, I will, as long as I consider it beneficial in preparation for the “A” races.

On a side note, most of you know that I don’t have a car, and therefore getting to and from races that are not close on the lower mainland is not easy and requires of either tagging along with someone, or replacing the race that I would like to do with a race that I am not so keen on doing, but it is easier to get to (ie. either Cranbrook or Maple Ridge if I don’t find a ride). With that said, if anyone is doing any of the races on my schedule, and would like someone to pay for fuel and talk on the ride, send me an email or give me a call and then we can sort something out. Trust me, I am good company…

I guess its time to work… Thanks to everyone that left comments and gave me feedback on the blog!

Facundo

4 comments:

Vincent said...

Hey, I may be doing the Kelowna race. We'll see what we can do about organizing drives for that because I know a few heading out there.

Looks like a good season.

Good luck

Enej said...

It's true you are good company.
All the best on your races :P

Beto said...

Facu,
Very challenging schedule!! Best of luck. By the way I am planning to come for the Kelowna race. I can give you a ride. ;-)

Betus

Unknown said...

mmm when is yout next race? =)
Good luck in all iron man!