Friday, May 15, 2009

Can't even think straight

I just came back from an All You Can Eat sushi lunch at one of my favorite places, Shabusen, and I am very very very ridiculously full right now. Actually, I should correct myself; it is one of my favorite places before I go in, and I can’t even think about it when I come out (at least for a day or two hehe).

Yesterday was again a hard training day. I have decreased my training hours by 10% this week, and have done some easier than normal rides and swims. However, I have increased the intensity in some key running and cycling workouts. I wanted to get a good week of intensity before the Sprint Triathlon this weekend and Shawnigan Lake Olympic next weekend. The 6 days in between will be a mix of recovery with some intensity to keep me sharp. After these 2 races I will have 3 or 4 weeks, depending on what race I do next, to put in some solid training.

The morning swim was good, then off to work. At 4:30pm I was back at home and by 5 on the treadmill. I warmed up, run 10K at 4:10/km pace, and cooled down. Right after that I went for a bike ride. The bike ride was kind of similar to the one on Tuesday, but completely the opposite, as confusing as that may sound. I went out again on the same loop as Tuesday, again not caring at all what my speed was, again after a tough run, but this time the goal was to have my cadence high, very high. On Tuesday the goal was to be low, very low. Well, after one hour I was close to home, my average speed was strangely and surprisingly EXACTLY the same as on Tuesday, 33.6kph, but my average cadence was 108 instead of 67. I have to admit, it was a really tough workout. 15 minutes into the ride I knew that I was going to be as my glutes and especially hamstrings were already feeling the work… I would be doing this kind of workouts more often to work on power and speed throughout the summer.

Today in the morning I was tired. Had an easy swim, a massive lunch, will go for an easy 2hr spin after work and will call it a day. Saturday and Sunday should be good as I have done most of what I usually have to do like cooking, buying food, etc during the week. Only training and relaxing, eating and sleeping before the race. Ohh yeah, and watching the 2 back to back NBA Playoffs game 7 on Sunday, as well as the Giro on Saturday, Sunday and maybe even Monday morning to keep me motivated! (Race is at 10.30am)

Facundo

4 comments:

Vincent said...

I've got stages 1-6 of this years Giro on my computer if your needing a fixin.

Eze said...

Good luck on Monday!

Keep it up, bro.

Facundo said...

Hey Vince, I would definitely need those before the winter comes around, or maybe before I go to Australia. I am able to watch them online and I am half way through Stage 10... I dont want Danilo de Luca to win the Giro

Vincent said...

I kinda do, the Killer needs another victory!

yeah, just let me know and I'll have them ready for you