Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday I ended my day pretty late (for me anyways) at about midnight. At that moment it was decided that there was no way I was going to make it to my morning swim after a 10k run on 5hrs of sleep. Alarm clock was turned off. The night was a little rough, a light sleep, and some cramping in my hamstrings made for a 7hr night. At 7:30 I was up and having breakfast, not much as I was still a bit full from the insane amount of food I had at the post race party the night before. The legs were feeling alright, not fatigued, barely sore, sort of like after a very hard track workout. Missing the swim allowed me to join the Leading Edge Squad for a “long easy ride” on the mountains. In summary, I ended up with 120km ride in 4.5hrs which included going up Cypress and then Seymour. Both climbs felt very very comfortable despite the race 14hrs before, quite pleasant and a psychological boost to say the least.

After the ride, I was having lunch and getting ready for a power nap, when I called Choppy to ask him what was going on tonight. He mentioned a wedding quickly on our bike ride but was not sure if I heard correctly. Plan confirmed, 5pm, wedding up in Grouse Mountain. I was very tired, and I was not going to be able to nap, but it seemed like a great opportunity to hang out with him, have some good food, enjoy the party and the view, and so on. Summary: The wedding was great, lots of fun, terrific food, and got to know Choppy better. I really had a good time, we never really hang out but definitely we should more often. Once again I went to sleep pretty late but it was worth it! (Choppy, keep the weddings coming!)

Sunday I watched my brother race the Splash and Dash (1.1km swim, 5km run) starting at Kits pool. I wanted to do it as well, but my legs could take no more running or cycling at fast speeds whatsoever. Instead I did the swim and watched him do it (faster than last time!). Like dad says, good job boy! After that I went to the gym, lunch, easy ride with my brother to prevent my legs from solidifying forever, laundry, cooking, and bed time.

Today I went for a long run in the trails around UBC and it was super fan. I wanted to run on trail so I did not know how much I run, just wanted to go by feel rather than by pace. Tonight open water should be fun. Patrice and Ryan will be there so it will be like our morning swim team practice but in the ocean!

Tuesday, Wednesday will be hard, Thursday 1/2 day off, and then easy until Sunday for the Iron Mountain Olympic Tri. I have put 3 weeks of solid work and really need to give my legs a rest.

Facundo

2 comments:

MARIA said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend! Congrats for the 10k performance! What a sweet bro teaching him new ways for biking.
Happy to feel you happy!!!
Love from a proud Mom.

Eze said...

Thanks buddy!