Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Busy Life

The last couple of days have been hard. The weather has been great for at least 10 days, which means there is no excuse not to train. After Shawnigan I took a couple of easy days, 3 to be precise. On Thursday I had my usual day off and from then on it has been lots of work.

Friday: Swim (1.5), Track (1), Bike Tempo (1.5)
Saturday: Swim (1.5), Bike HB+Cypress (3), Run Hills (0.5)
Sunday: Gym (1.5), Run (1), Bike (2)
Monday: Swim (1.5), Bike Hill Repeats (1.5)
Today: Swim (1.5). After work, Long Run (1.5), Bike (1)

That makes about 20.5 hrs of training in 5 days, and therefore I am looking forward to Thursday day off very very much. Next week will have a similar dose of training, a little less volume and more intensity before the Wasa Lake Tri in Cranbrook in about 12 days from now.

Everything else seems to be in working order. My new tubular wheelset is finally finished, all glued up and ready to roll. Thanks to the guys at Speed Theory for showing me how to properly glue them, I can tell you that even with their help it was a lot of work and many tricks. Doing it on my own would have been a disaster and many more hours until I could even slide the tubular on the rim…

My brother Eze has been back for 10 days now from a trip to Argentina, and therefore some days I get some dinner. It is not very often that this happens, but he makes it up in many other ways. Last week he cleaned most of the apartment, something that I enjoy doing (yes, I actually do love leaving everything spotless) but only when I have time. Now days I am too busy, and if I end up with 3 or 4 hours in the week that I don’t have anything to do, cleaning is not an option. So, thank you bro for cleaning! And yes, you are welcome for yesterday’s dinner!

Open water swims started yesterday. They are fun, especially when its windy and choppy, at least for me anyways. Yesterday I missed the first practice because I thought that they were going to go over all “rules” and stuff that I have heard countless times before, but I will show up either next Thursday or next Monday. These are great to practice some sighting, swim for 3/4km non stop (which is surprisingly tiring compared to doing 30x100 in the pool), and for getting used to the cold water!

That’s it for now; I should get back to work so I can leave early today. If everything is on schedule I might be able to watch the last ½ of Stage 12 of the Giro. I also heard I MUST watch the Madrid Triathlon that happened this weekend, its supposed to be an inspiring race.

Facundo

4 comments:

Vincent said...

where will you watch the madrid triathlon?

I can only find highlights.

Facundo said...

Not sure yet, but HAVE to get it somehow. Maybe download it from a torrent if it is available, I have not searched for it yet.

I will let you know if I find it!

Unknown said...

I'll watch it for sure =) (You should do it some day)

Eze said...

You're welcome buddy!

Thank you for dinner yesterday (it was GOOD) and thank you for the wetsuit! You'll be getting my gift in the mail pretty soon!