Friday, June 12, 2009

10k Pre Race Report

Today should be an interesting evening…

In about 4.5 hrs from now I will be racing the Longest Day 10km up at UBC. It will be a nice “progress report” on my 10km run time, previous one was at the Sun Run at the end of April. Since then training has gone well, and I have biked, swam and run lots. So much in fact that my legs are constantly tired, and my recovery day barely does the trick… Today I will run on tired legs and see what my time is like.

Yesterday was my usual ½ day off, today was a hard swim in the morning (where I did 2000m with pull and paddles to save my legs) and I skipped my usual 1.5hr ride in the afternoon. I went for a 30 min jog yesterday and it was not good; form feeling off, stiff, lethargic, just not very encouraging for today. The reason was probably that I was just tired from 6 days of hard training and racing last Sunday. Anyways, yesterday was easy, and today is a new day with legs feeling a lot better.

I am off to the kitchen now to warm up some pasta, in about 2 hrs I will have a bagel with PB and a cup of delicious Mocha, and at 7pm I will flip the switch and let the fun begin =)

Facundo

3 comments:

Vincent said...

good luck buddy. bring home some money!

Unknown said...

Facundo,

Great race on tired legs and huge drop in time from the Sun Run. Hopefully you are pleased with this progress report! Maybe I will see you out at Summerfast 10k if you have time in amidst all your tri stuff!

brad

Beto said...

Good job boy!