Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day Off

Today I was supposed to do a 1 hr easy easy ride and a 30 minutes easy easy swim, but instead I am giving myself a full day off. At this point (the race is less than 2 days away) I dont think things are going to change much if I do them or not. I did plenty of intensity on Tuesday and an easy day yesterday. Today off, tomorrow 1hr between the 3 sports just to keep moving, and Saturday Rock n Roll!

I am getting pretty pumped/anxious already -and as my parents and brother can certify I am eating "a bit" over the normal quota-. Today I wanted to write as I dont think I will want to come to McDonalds (the only place were you can get free internet in the whole city, even starbucks has password!) for internet tomorrow. After I am done I will go back to the apartment, change to the team canada uniform for the team lunch at 1pm (oohh lucky me, all you can eat italian food...), after that we hang out with the guys until 6 for the openining ceremony and parade of nations, and then there is an Australian BBQ (more free food for athletes) from 7 to 10. I am hoping to call it a day before 11 so I can get an early start tomorrow with 1hr of training and then dropping off the bike at transition. As you can see, they are keeping us plenty busy (mostly chewing, and I dont mind it) until Saturday...

I am feeling good for the race, it should be fun. As for now, the wetsuit call is going to be really close. Yesterday it was 22.1C at 3pm, so it can go either way. I think it will depend on what happens in the next 48 hrs. If the weather is like yesterday, sunny and no wind, its going to be no wetsuit, but 2 days ago it was very very windy and poured like I havent seen since a tropical storm in Mexico for 20 minutes (thats it, no rain, pours, no rain). So, talking about the wind, it will be a key component of the race. Being an out and back for the run and bike in the north south direction, should there be wind, its going to get you going out or coming back. Hopefully there is no wind and being flat I can get over the bike in 1hr, if there is wind I rather have it against me on the way out and flush my legs on the way back... Anyways, why do I care, if there is wind there is nothing I can do, and there will be the same wind speed and direction for everyone...

Thanks to everyone that posted comments or wrote me emails on the last couple of days, I would respond to everyone but time is limited and the connection works slower than dial up (I am not kidding, I write 3 or 4 lines in between loading emails on hotmail). Thanks mom, dad, alica, enej, jeremy h, doug, Sheryl, gerrett, Tyler, Christian, Kc and Eric, Ryan and whoever else I am forgetting. I will post again after the race, most likely Sunday or Monday as I don’t think that Saturday will be an internet day. My race is at 7am and then the elites races is at 3pm, that is a must watch with Simon, Gomez, Frodeno, Brownlee and company going all head to head for a LOT of money (250,000 US plus bonuses ~500,000).

That is it from here! I will be staying home tomorrow most of the day keeping myself relaxed, stretched/loose, focused, watching a couple of races I stole from our houses DVD collection (sorry eze, I have the HyVee cd…), and obviously eating –lots-. However I do on the race I will be happy, and I am sure all the training done is going to come through for me and I going to have a great race (the swim is feeling good and that is giving back confidence after nationals). Wish me luck!

Facundo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your outstanding achievements.
All the best for the race!!

Daddy

Vincent said...

good luck again! Is there a place we can track the results? I'm sure I can find it.

enjoy yourself

Eze said...

This is it, man. All that training and hard work: those speedy 4am breakfasts before heading to the pool, all the early weekend rides, those fun interval sessions at the track after work, and the many many hours at the gym strengthening that hip... you've done everything up until this point. Now it's time to go out and get it.

Good luck bro, I know you're gonna rock it!

Elliot said...

Good luck. I'm sure you'll rock it.

Unknown said...

I am hungry too!

Enjoy the food, the place, the city, the rain, the sun, the people, everything...

I'll be sending you little bells hehe =)

Sheryl said...

Hey you!!! Good luck man!!!

Talk to you soon!