Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Last couple of days

The last couple of days have been pretty relaxing. Last Friday I went to the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary which is about 45 min away from Surfers Paradise (by bus). It was pretty cool as I got to see most of the typical Australian Wildlife including Koalas, Kangaroos, Dingos (wild dogs), Eagles, Wombats and many more. There is some pictures at the end of the post!

Saturday I went for a float to the pool and after I came back home for lunch. After lunch I went surfing (well… to try surfing) and fortunately there was a group of guys about 100m from the beach entrance (which allowed me to find a good spot with good surfing waves). It is not easy to see wave patterns, rips, currents, etc but I guess people in the sport know, so when I go to the beach I usually try to get in the water wherever there is more people surfing and usually is much better than just going in anywhere.

Saturday and Sunday there is a market that is very famous where there is fruits and veggies, toys, antiques, books, clothes, leather stuff, cheap electronics, EVERYTHING! So Sunday morning I headed over there to check it out. To be honest, I was not very surprised as I have seen exactly the same thing in Mexico or Argentina. However, it was kind of cool to see it in Australia and very very funny to see Australian tourists to bargain on stuff. Some of them were terrible, some of them pretty smart I must admit. I took a nap in the afternoon and then just felt like staying home and watching tv…

Monday morning again I went for a float. I am trying to go every second day and swim about 1-1.5hr but no times, just swim and take it easy. For lunch I cooked a delicious pasta sauce with all the fresh veggies I got at the market on Sunday. It was ssoooo good I stuffed myself until I could fit no more pasta and sauce in my bottomless tummy. After that I had no choice but to head to the beach (1.5 blocks away) to behave like an Iguana and try to get a nap. In the afternoon I decided to go for a walk to downtown Surfers (about 15-20 min walk) and get some presents for people, buy bread, try macadamias with chocolate at some gift shops, and so on. On my way back I went past 3 pizza places and got really temped so when I came home I made pizza from scratch. I made 2 dough so next time I just need to pull one out of the freezer and in 15 min I have home made pizza.

Today (Tuesday) I went on a cycling trip to Mt Tamborine. It was a long day on the bike but I took it very easy, although the 15% climbs were still there and a 34-23 gear ratio was still a little punishing. I will post more on that adventure when I post the pictures.

That is it for now; here are some pictures from Currumbin Wildlide Sanctuary, they are pretty much self explanatory so I will save myself some writing =)










Facundo

2 comments:

KC said...

What a tourist! Looks like fun - glad to hear you are doing some relaxing.
Cheers,
KC

Unknown said...

Ohhh I am soo jealous!!! You know how much I want that! xo