Monday, November 16, 2009

Friday to Sunday

Friday afternoon I left work early to go to the famous Sugoi Warehouse sale. I got there around 2:30pm (started at 1pm) and there was already 100 people lined up waiting to get into the warehouse. It was not raining and it was not that cold so I did not mind the 30 min wait, the line was moving quite quickly. Once I got in the zoo -I might use zoo or warehouse but I mean the same thing- I grabbed a box and started piling up stuff for me. After a quick message to my dad I started piling up stuff for him and my mom as well. Alica also called me and ended up getting a jacket for her. 2.5 hrs after I got in I was purchasing 23 pieces of clothing for 178$ including taxes. Alica got her waterproof and windproof jacket, mom and dad got trisuits, cycling shorts, jerseys, I got shorts, a thick everything-proof vest, long sleeve cycling jersey, and so much more. Just crazy.

After that I was pretty tired, believe it or not was quite draining to go through the racks, try out lots of stuff, find your size, etc. Still I rode for 1.5 hrs and 20 minutes later I was in bed sleeping after a quick shower and food.

Saturday went for the usual swim and then run in the UBC trails with Leading Edge. We had 4 hill repeats from the last parking lot of Spanish banks. It’s the first time I do this hill in the trails, but I will remember next time the dreadful “yellow post to yellow post” under 3 minutes… It was hard but we were all pushing to the max, and suffering with someone else it’s not as bad as on your own. Ohh yeah, there was a lady that told us 1.5 minutes into the hill that we were showing off, RRiiiiigghhhttt… that’s exactly what we were all there for. I just laughed (inside my head, couldn’t really waste any oxygen).

On the way back it started raining and was ridiculously cold, which set me up for a good lunch and a 2hr powernap. When I woke up I though about riding again at night in the trails (I bought a light!) but the ride was cancelled and the weather was miserable. I ended up watching 2 hrs of 2 ½ men while pushing a heavy gear at 60-80 cadence on the trainer. Shower, stretch, computer, dinnertime, bed.

Sunday I smashed myself in the gym for 3 hrs. I did not feel like swimming, I did not want to do a long ride on the trainer (3hrs), Plantar Fasciitis is starting to really bother me (so no running), so I ended up busting my arms, core and legs in the gym. After that I still rode 1.5 hrs on the trainer watching the Tour. Squats+Theraband exercises+Intervals on the Trainer+Tough/hard saddle have all combined to cause a deep “pain in the ass”. Today it hurts, lets just leave it at that. In the afternoon Alica came over and we had fish and chips (the Spanish version with chips replaced by “pinchos de patata”) and watched Slumdog millionaire which was really good.

Today the weather was nasty and riding to the pool was an adventure: 50kph gusts, pouring rain, very sore “glutes”, plus a truck driver who sprayed me from head to toe on the Burrard Bridge. After that happened I just smiled, seriously, I felt like in a “funny movie” or something like that. What else could happen? I just smiled all the way (downhill) until I got to the pool. Then I saw the workout, remembered the 3 hours in the gym and the sore glutes and realized it was not going to be an easy one. I just got through it.

Today an ez spin at home or in the forest. The weather is nasty but it makes me want to ride outside (on the trails) even more, is that sense of adventure... (plus a bike with full suspension that will hopefully help for my quick recovery…)

Off to lunch, I am starving

Facundo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank u for the stuff you got for us at sucoi warehouse.
Dad

Anonymous said...

Estoy ansiosa por verlas!!! Gracias!