Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cycleops SuperMagneto Pro

Its been a week since I got my new trainer and I really really like it. I am not sure how much more quiet it is than my previous trainer, but it is definitely smoother, more adjustable, stiffer and more stable.

So far I have only used 2 of the 4 settings, the road setting and intervals setting. I think I will never use the easy spin setting as the road setting is easy enough for any sort of high cadence workouts. The fourth and last setting is the hill climbing, and I probably will not use that one for a while. I think it requires something like 600W to ride at 30kph... Don’t think I have that sort of power (for now =P)

Setting the bike on the trainer is very easy and does not require to turn a knob 2 hundred 56 times until it comes in contact with the skewer. That means that I will not think twice before freeing my bike to go for a ride on the road! And setting it up when its pouring outside.

First workout => spinning at the speed of light =)

* Picture courtesy of my brother who is getting into photography. Hopefully his skills come to play next season and I end up with some awesome shots at very low cost (maybe dinner or something!)

Thanks to the guys at Speed Theory for getting a hold of one for me before they were all gone! 3 came in and went out in a day...

Facundo

1 comment:

Rob Eakin said...

Ha! I was one of those 3 that day at Speed Theory who bought one (pretty sure it was the first cold rainy day of the fall). It is a great trainer though.