Thursday, November 5, 2009

Back Home

I am home! Finally a bed with the springs shielded properly so they dont poke your back, a stove that actually has a range from low to high instead of being on or off, an internet connection that allows for uploading 10mb of pictures in a matter of seconds and not a matter of hours =)

I arrived in Vancouver just over a week now and I dont know how it happened but the day I got here was sunny, just like I wanted! Then well... some Vancouver weather, but Saturday and Sunday was nice and sunny again! Not so bad after all, but definitely a change from 25C weather and sunny pretty much every day.

On Tuesday afternoon I was not feeling very well, you know, this flu/H1N1 going around everywhere. In the afternoon I skipped my ride and decided to go to bed at 6pm turning off all alarms and phones around. The night was not smooth, but I got 12 hours of sleep. If you know me well enough, you know that I have not done this in years and there is probably something very very wrong with me. Needless to say, I stayed home all day watching tv, sending emails, organizing stuff in my room (still from the trip) and so on. I think yesterdays rest served its purpose and today I was feeling much better (still not 100%). Hopefully I managed to avoid going sick sick with fever and all that.

Today the weather is not looking very good and it does not look good for the weekend either.



I guess we have to put up with that so from time to time we can enjoy some of this (Pictures from Saturday Long Ride around Richmond and River Road)

Marine Drive - UBC Area

Beautiful British Columbia - University Endowment Lands

Marine Drive

Happy Halloween!! - Richmond

Fraser River - Richmond

Pumpkin Field - Richmond

Pick your Pumpkin - Richmond

River Road - Richmond

Cool Field Irrigation - Richmond

Arthur Lang Bridge - East View

Arthur Lang Bridge - West View (mmm windy?? Look at that plane landing...)

Facundo

No comments: