Monday, July 13, 2009

Not much time today

Today I do not have much time to write a full post, but here is a quick weekend update:

Friday: Work, 4hrs of easy training

Saturday: 2hrs easy in the morning, set up race gear. Playland at the PNE with work at noon; Went with my brother, Brad, Laura and Gerrett. It was lots of fun! I also ate quite a bit (like 3 double chicken burgers and 2 smokies)... oooppss... In the afternoon did the bike drop off and went home to try to cool down with the air conditioning on. It was hot and very very sunny.

Sunday: Vancouver International Sprint Triathlon. Race went very well, shaved 5 minutes and a half from last year in an identical course and pretty similar conditions. I am very pleased with my bike performance. Happy with my run performance considering my hip imbalance (that is getting better slowly but still there). Quite unhappy with my swim (and I dont mean pace, I mean how it felt...). After the race Eze, Choppy, Clarke and myself rode to Iona. Lucky for us the temperature was dropping, however it was getting windy and 40kph headwinds in Iona were not fun. In the afternoon/night we headed to Vincents place for some BBQ meat, it was really fun and there was lots of familiar faces including Curtis and Barry.

Good job to all people that raced this weekend, half or sprint =)

Thanks Andra and Stefan for coming to watch! I know 7:45 am was an amazing feat on a Sunday morning

The race report to come when I get around it... Here are some pictures, 3 of them taken by my personal photographer ENEJ who followed us around and got like 300 pics! I cant wait to get them all, thanks!


7 comments:

Vincent said...

I still haven't made it out to the PNE, maybe I'll do that sometime soon since training is going to slowdown for a bit.

You gotta hyperlink the other blogs man. Increase the hits!

Robert said...

Congrats on taking home the win man. Cutting 5 minutes off your time is pretty impressive and I can't believe how much faster the field as a whole was compared to last year. I was racing in my first "real" triathlon so when I crossed the line at 1:15:13 - which would have been 3rd last year - I was pretty stoked.. until I found out that was only good for 13th this year ;)
Do you train with a group or team or anything like that? I'm just getting into the sport and looking to improve on my times

Cheers,
Robert

Facundo said...

Thanks Rob, I was also surprised by the times this year. Its nice to see the field/competition getting faster as it makes you train harder(at least it makes me train harder =P )

For most of the time I train on my own, I dont have a coach and I make the workouts/plans myself. I been joining Leading Edge Triathlon Club for some workouts and I really like them and see the benefit of training with other people (and coaches) as long as it fits your schedule. For swimming I am currently swimming with FastLane at Kits pool.

Good luck with training and hopefully I see you around again at the races!

Anonymous said...

I didnt know you trained with leading edge, I have been toying with the idea of signing up for their program next year.

Tyler

Facundo said...

I join them for 1 or 2 workouts a week max. This week is the 16K TT on Wednesday =)

Robert said...

Thanks for the info Facundo. Where do find info on when the Leading Edge triathlon group does their workouts? I wouldn't mind heading out on one of those bike rides sometime soon.

Facundo said...

http://letc.ca/ sometimes has the workouts for the week, sometimes it just gets emailed to its members

Try contacting the 2 coaches, Alan and Andrew for more information:

trivancouver@gmail.com

Cheers